PLEASE NOTE – We are currently unable to offer ADHD/ADD appointments due to overwhelming demand. We are really sorry that we are unable to open a waiting list for appointments. Please contact us at the beginning of MAY 2024 for availability from JULY 2024.
If you are interested in an assessment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org we would need the following details:
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- Your email address
- GP – Surgery name and address
- Self-funding or Medical Insurance (if the latter the name of the insurer, the membership number and authorisation code. (PLEASE NOTE DR EL-KHAYAT IS NOT BUPA REGISTERED)
Dr El-khayat will then be able to offer face-to-face ADHD assessments for 16+ Adults on Tuesdays and Thursdays in our Stockbridge Clinic.
- The assessment takes two full hours.
- Undertaken by a Consultant Psychiatrist with extensive experience in assessment and management of ADHD.
- Fully compliant with NICE guidance.
- Includes assessment of past psychiatric history and treatments, personal, educational and medical history as well as personality traits. ( Where there is complexity, we may require a second session before concluding the assessment).
- Structured and thorough ADHD assessment, following DIVA5 to comply with DSM5 criteria.
- Discussion of summary and conclusions of the assessment, discussion of non-medication approaches (references given) is included.
- Discussion of medication options is offered in detail prior to being given any prescription.
- We ask people to take their time after an assessment before making a decision about treatment approaches.
- A comprehensive written report is provided after each assessment.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
As a Practitioner who prescribes ADHD medication, Dr Redwan takes responsibility for ensuring on-going safety monitoring very seriously. He will therefore only be able to prescribe ADHD medication if;
- For the first 5-6 months, you make a follow up appointment with him once a month (or until settled on the right dose),
- After 6 months, (and if settled on the right dose), a follow up appointment is necessary six monthly. You may need to attend more frequently if there are other more pressing needs to consider.
DR EL-KHAYAT IS UNABLE TO PRESCRIBE MEDICATION TO THOSE HE HAS NOT PERSONALLY ASSESSED
Please note Dr El-khayat would also need sight of any previous psychiatric/medical/educational reports. Once a date has been offered, we will send a number of forms to be completed. These need to be returned prior to your appointment.
Parents Guide to ADHD (link to Childmind.org)